Monday, August 23, 2010

Token FO

I've been jonesing for a finished object. The shawl kind of counts, but I haven't figured out where I'm going to block it without any chance of the dog chewing on it. So, over the weekend, instead of working on Mystery Wedding Project, I knocked out this baby:


The Mason-Dixon washcloth from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I have some of this Pachuko brand organic cotton yarn that I bought three years ago when I was in TN for the summer with no LYS and lots of (read: way too much) time to troll e-Bay. The yarn is OK, nice and soft, but not quite plied as tightly as I'd like. But totally good enough for a dishcloth. And I'm making progress towards not being such a perfectionist (i.e. crazy person); I made a mistake and left it in (after starting to go back and fix it and thinking, 'What are you doing? It's a flipping washcloth'). Baby steps, baby steps.

3 comments:

  1. LOL Welcome to the dark side of lazy knitting!! hehe I always say to myself "hey, this way they'll know it's hand made!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how many mistakes I had to fudge in both of the shawls I made? Let's just say there were a few. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspired me to dig out my old cones of peaches and creme and cast on! (I bought this stuff on cones. plural. what was I thinking?)

    ReplyDelete