Friday, April 22, 2011

Back in the saddle

Can I show you something I'm proud of?


This has to be the fastest I've ever knit a pair of socks. Granted, it's probably the simplest sock type one can do, top-down stockinette, but I really like them. In fact, I'm wearing them as we speak.


These were knit on the fly: no real pattern to speak of except a little heel advice from my Folk Socks book. After 'the incident' I thought it was going to be a long while before I started another pair of socks, but I have so much sock yarn in my stash and sock projects travel so well, I couldn't resist the siren call.


The stripes meant lots of ends to weave in, which is no one's fave thing to do (undoubtedly there's someone out there who's like, 'I love sewing in the ends!'. Well hush, you're a crazy person). I enjoyed just about every other aspect of making these though, so I'm back in the sock saddle again (I don't know if that would be a saddle made out of socks, or a saddle for a sock. Either way).

5 comments:

  1. AC, they are fabulous! Saddle socks or sock saddles...either way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These socks look great - especially the heels! I really like the way the green stripe wraps around the heel flap. Sock yarn serendipity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are awesome! I love the colors! Plain vanilla socks are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours!! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors ... but I'm sticking with mittens. :)

    ReplyDelete